Well hello. It’s been a while hasn’t it. We’re leaving in less than two weeks. Can you believe it? In less than two weeks I’ll be on my way to New York via one way ticket. Yikes!
Recently I’ve been tying up loose ends with work, visiting friends and family, and doing various essentials before we leave. Oh. And I got engaged. WHAT?!
I’ve also ticked a few things off my list of 25 things to do before I turn 25.
Number 9: Try lobster
As a massive lover of prawns, I had no doubt that I’d love lobster. I did, it was bloody delicious. Not so keen on smashing it open with tools that look like they belong in the Thackray Medical Museum however. I also wouldn’t eat it again because I don’t agree with boiling something alive for the sake of my tastebuds. Sorry to go all animal rights on you there -I’m currently teetering on the edge of vegetarianism!
Number 10: See my friends get married.
Wow, we had such a lovely weekend seeing this pair tie the knot in Shropshire! We met Chris and Rhiannon at music college and they’ve been such good friends to us, so it was truly lovely to be a part of their big day. Rhiannon looked absolutely stunning and so so happy. Congratulations you two!
Number 11: Finish my TEFL qualification
Finally! This feels like a massive achievement as it’s something I’ve been slogging away at since January. I’d love to teach whilst we’re away but I don’t think we will be in one place for long enough for me to do it. Sometime in the future though hey? Did you know that there are nine different types of pronoun? Neither did I.
Here are the other things I said I’d do before I turn 25 but probably won’t because of who I am as a person:
- Read Jane Eyre (got the audiobook though didn’t I 😉 )
- Eat plantain (maybe possible still?)
- Watch The Lives of Others (no netflix now so…)
- Reach my goal weight (unless I start rounding it up?)
- Go carless for a week (actually, I will! Leaving lovely Gerald in Kendal today, so I’ll be carless by default)
- Hike the three Yorkshire peaks. HA
- Do some drawing (easy!)
- Volunteer at a charity shop
- Use my DSLR manually (I can do this whilst we’re travelling)
- See live comedy
- Clear out the house (I’ve been reading the life changing magic of tidying and I feel like I’m getting somewhere.)
- Go on my first long haul flight. (yup)
- Get drunk on the beach in Fiji to celebrate turning 25. (Not long now!)
Things I’ll be doing before we go:
- Throwing a big house party.
- Packing my rucksack. Jumping up and down on rucksack. Crying. Unpack rucksack. Repeat the above.
- Clearing the house.
- Crying into the fur of my cats.